So just what are money making affiliate marketing strategies and more importantly, how do you implement them?
If you would like to make a living working from home, the affiliate marketing business could be the answer.
If you have a computer with internet access there is no reason your home office cannot become your new home business.
While there are many ways to make money online, affiliate marketing is one of the most lucrative, has endless possibilities and is one of the best ways to create an online business with very little start-up costs.
Affiliate Marketing is a great opportunity to earn potentially significant amounts of money and to have the freedom of owning a viable home business.
An affiliate is the middleman between online consumers and merchants’ products. An affiliate makes money when a visitor that they referred through an affiliate link purchases or performs the action required of the affiliate program on the merchant’s site.
With affiliate marketing, you don’t have to worry about developing ideas and creating products. You don’t have to deal with customer service, follow-ups or continually create more products for the marketplace.
Affiliate marketing is one of the easiest ways to start your own home business without a big investment or risk.
Affiliate Marketing Strategies – Getting Started
When you start your affiliate marketing business and join an affiliate program the product owner provides the products, delivery and most of the time provides you with the advertising materials.
To start working as an affiliate, you usually need your own website since you will need a place to advertise the products that you are promoting so that visitors can click on your affiliate links that then take them to the merchant’s website. However there are some options that don’t require you to to have a website.
Promote only high quality products that you believe in to your customers. If the reader learns that they can trust you, they will be more likely to take your advice on purchasing new products that they don’t know much about. Keeping your product line to only items that you can truly support will keep your customers coming back again and again to your site.
Partner with an affiliate marketing program that provides you with all the tools you need to succeed. They should have an affiliate area which you are able to log in to that contains detailed statistics, payment reports, graphics, and link generators to make your job easier and the partnership profitable.
The start-up costs for affiliate marketing is really quite low. When you start your affiliate marketing business and join an affiliate program the product owner provides the products, delivery and most of the time the advertising materials.
All you have to do as an affiliate is concentrate on the promotion and the selling. Most affiliate programs are free to join and you are paid a percentage of the sale according to how many referrals or sales that you make in their behalf.
One of the biggest advantages of starting an online business with affiliate marketing is that the entry costs are so very low, especially when compared to a brick and mortar business that comes with a high overhead.
A niche is a particular subject, product or target market. Here are the 5 main things that you should look at when making your niche selections:
- Interest and Expertise. The amount of knowledge and interest in a particular topic can be an important factor in niche selection for beginners.
- Is The Niche Profitable? Consider the types of products or services that can be promoted as an affiliate within that niche. Research some affiliate programs and see what’s out there.
- Is There A Demand? Another important consideration is the current demand in the niche market you are considering. Traffic and sales are required to make money online as an affiliate, and choosing an outdated or unpopular niche will not yield any measurable results.
- Is There An Affiliate Program In The Niche And How Much Can You Earn. This is a critical consideration because if you cannot properly monetize the site then it’s all for nothing.
- Keyword Research. In affiliate marketing, or building any website or blog, keywords are as important as anything else, and can make or break the success of the site.
There are many affiliate programs, too many to list them all here, but, here are a few of the top networks.
You can also search online for affiliate programs, “keyword + affiliate program” or go directly to a merchant’s website. The affiliate page links are usually listed in the footer of their websites.
Considering commission payouts in affiliate programs is one critical consideration. The reason for this is that there is quite a bit of work involved in building sites, promoting them, maintenance and other tasks. For this reason it is important to consider the potential revenue that can be earned from affiliate programs that you will be participating in.
When considering commissions, keep in mind that there are many affiliate programs for all types of products, and some pay better than others, and this factor can play a big role in choosing a niche to promote.
Pros and Cons of Affiliate Marketing
- Unlimited income potential
- Unlimited opportunities
- Very little in start-up costs
- Fairly easy technical set up with absolutely no programming or coding knowledge required because of the many free tools available to easily build affiliate websites, such as, WordPress
- No advanced marketing skills are required, online marketing has a specific set of skills that can be learned by anyone
- Plenty of support from online forums
- Can be started and done around a day job
- Potential freedom from punching a time clock
- No need to create a product or service
- No shipping hassles
- No dealing with customers, except with email marketing
- Lack of control in affiliate programs and changes that can arise
- For some, the commitment level and work required might be a con