To have an email marketing list, you need subscribers, and they are not as easy to come by today as they used to be. People don’t have time to join all of the lists out there that they may be interested in, so sometimes, giving an added incentive can be just the thing to encourage them to give over their name and email address.
How do you get people to subscribe to your email marketing list?
You need to offer them something of value for free in exchange for their contact information. Today, the increase of spammers has made people think twice about sharing their email address. So, by sweetening the exchange with a valuable product, they will be more likely to sign up for your list.
A key factor in determining what to offer is to consider its relevancy to your niche market. If you’re trying to get people to sign up for your email marketing list on the topic of healthy eating, offer them a free recipe eBook of healthy nutritious meals. Make the offer relevant to the topic of the list you are building.
Let’s look at some free offers you can consider offering to get people to sign up to your email marketing list:
- EBooks/reports – this is a very common freebie offered in exchange for someone’s email address. Again, make the information related to a topic your niche market would be interested in.
- Ecourses – this gives bite-sized information on a particular topic, and some people will be more attracted to this type of offer. They may be busy and only have time to digest snippets of information at a time. Or they may get overwhelmed by a twenty page eBook, so an email each day or every other day for a period of time is much more inviting.
- Coaching – offer subscribers a free coaching session with you. This will not only benefit them in getting some of their questions answered, but it will also give you the chance to mention what products you offer that might be a help to them. It also helps them get to know you and trust you more.
- Advertising – do you offer advertising on your website or blog? You can offer a free ad for a month as a bonus for signing up to your email marketing list.
- Audio/Video – this gives a little bit of a unique twist to the standard report. Instead of presenting your information in written form, record it as an audio or video. This will appeal to a number of people.
Try to determine which bonus would be most appealing to your market (and in which format) and then customize your offer to fit. People need a little bit of an enticement to share their information with you. Offer something that would be valuable to your market and you should see an increase in subscriptions to your email marketing list.
Get Started Today For Only $1! – AWeber Communications