Some marketers online have a misconception that you can only start profiting from your email list when you have successfully gained thousands of subscribers. Although it’s certainly beneficial to have a large list, the focus should never be directed solely toward building numbers, but rather promoting your email list to the right targeted market.
Here’s five simple ways to start profiting from your email list immediately…
1. Presell on your blog or website. Pre-selling is a form of mentally conditioning your audience to have a positive mindset toward your business…and getting them mentally ready or more open to buying.
Start warming up your visitors immediately. Use fresh content on your blog or website that will immediately allow your readers to see the benefits of your products or services. Once they sign up for your email list, you’ll have subscribers who are already attentive to what you have to offer them.
2. Plan specifically on how you will profit. As was mentioned earlier in planning your autoresponder series, plan well in advance on creating quality content that will keep your subscribers eager to keep reading your content. While creating your autoresponder messages, plan your promotional content as well. Plan to have these sent out every so often in between your regular messages.
For your promotional content, choose to spotlight specific products or services that you believe will be easy to sell and turn your subscribers into new customers. If you do not have products of your own, consider choosing high quality products that offer affiliate programs where you can immediately begin earning commissions.
Don’t make the mistake of waiting until your email list grows larger before you start promoting. Having your promotional content placed in advance will allow you to start profiting right away from your first few subscribers.
3. Build a highly targeted list. Building a highly targeted list of 100 subscribers will profit your business much more than a list of 1,000 subscribers who were gathered in an untargeted manner. For this reason, plan to promote your site to a specifically targeted audience and also consider carefully what type of information your targeted market will most desire so that you can make sure that you’re, indeed, attracting the right audience.
When you build such a highly targeted list, you will find that immediately you begin to profit from your list, especially if you have planned your autoresponder messages and promotional content well.
4. Create a sale funnel. Creating a sales funnel will take some additional planning along side the planning of your promotional content. Basically, you’re leading your free subscribers into buyers by promoting some lower cost items and then leading the buyers of those items into purchasing higher-priced items.
There are also upsells (usually offered immediately during the sales checkout process) and downsells (for those who may yet be hesitant to hand over much money) to consider during planning your sale funnel process. Ultimately your sales funnel can be quite profitable for even a small email list when you begin to focus on generating sales through several outlets.
5. Think residual income. There seems to be nothing more attractive in producing profits than the opportunity of generating recurring income. Even with a small email list, you can gain ground quickly by concentrating on promoting products or services that will benefit you profit-wise month after month.
While planning your sales funnel, think about creating a product or service that will allow you to create some recurring monthly or yearly income. Some companies offer memberships or some type of monthly club that allows them to generate recurring income. If creating your own product or service is not an option, again consider promoting an affiliate program in a related niche that offers recurring commissions.
Use the above 5 email marketing tips to profit from your email list no matter what size it is.
Get Started Today For Only $1! – AWeber Communications